Sunday, August 2, 2009

Decorative Hemp Balls

I love the look of the decorative balls in either a bowl or basket as a focal point, just not willing to pay $14.99 for 3 at Target or as high as $9.99 a piece at Pier One. So why not make my own!?


The look:


So I started with a roll of twine/hemp from the dollar store, and then bought some styrofoam balls at Michaels for $3.99 for 6 balls.



Then I just started wrapping the Twine around each styrofoam ball, Try to wrap randomly to avoid criss-cross patterns



And tied the ends together and I now have my own decorative hemp balls for a fraction of the price. I did buy 2 different colors for variation. Now I have to find a bowl or decorative piece to put them in.

Next up will be different types of decorative balls. We'll see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment