Saturday, November 28, 2009

Freezer Paper Stencils with Cricut

The first one I tried is just an initial for a personalized tote which I previously dyed brown and sewed on the beaded trim.
Supplies you'll need:
Reynold's Freezer Paper (or any other brand you can find)
Cricut machine with Cartridge of your choice for stencil
Acrylic Paint-color of your choice
Iron
Maybe Patience :D
1st I cut out an initial with the Cricut with Medium Speed, depth, and pressure. Cut with the waxy side up and also use the flip feature.
Iron on the freezer paper in place. Be sure to get the edges really secure.
Then I painted the K bright pink with acrilic paint.

Wait to remove freezer paper until the paint is fully dry, approx. 1 hr. You could use a blow dryer to speed up the process. Allow 20-30 minutes in between coats if you need multiple coats.

Finally run iron over entire painted surface on High for about 20-30 seconds to seal.
Next I made a shirt for my neice who is a dancer.
I used the same settings Medium for speed, depth and pressure. With 3'' letters Plantain schoolbook. With this one I had to save the inside of the letters to make sure they looked right. Follow all the same steps as above.

Here is a close up of the letters, as my second coat I used some glitter.
Here they are both together! I am pretty impressed with how they turned out for being my first try!
Check back later for more freezer paper crafts! They make great personalized gifts, or if you want to just spruce up your clothes.

1 comment:

  1. How do these look after being washed?Please email me at lsocia@rison.k12.ar.us
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete